If you're here, you're a friend of me, Claire, or most likely both of us. You have at least a passing interest in what we're doing with ourselves over the span between July 31st and October 31st, 2008, when we'll be traveling in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. We're happy to have you; while we're not sure what this blog will turn into, we hope that it will help to keep us all entertained and in touch.
A few things first: it's pretty obvious that we're not web designers. We're using a pre-designed template, which I've found to be somewhat counter-intuitive and difficult to format with no knowledge of html. So it will be a little ugly at times, and I hope you'll be willing to check your web-design standards at the door. Secondly, there may be spans of time where the ability to update this blog will be spotty. While I'll be toting a laptop, there's no guarantee that we'll have access everywhere we go. I especially have no idea what's going to happen in China. So don't worry; if we haven't updated in a few days, it's unlikely that we're being held hostage in a foreign country, forced to subsist entirely on dorian and malaria.
(By the way, take it from the experience I just had: don't ever do a google search on "dorian." At least not with safe search disabled.)
Finally, we welcome comments, be they to add to our words, question them, or make fun of us. This blog is another way, beyond email, that we are hoping to share our experiences with others, and maybe even get a dialogue going.
All that said, we hope you enjoy our ramblings punctuated by the occasional photo. Keep in touch, follow along, and let us know your thoughts.
Best,
Aaron & Claire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, Aaron I can't find
my Jeep. I think I left it
in An Khe back in the 70's.
It was green.
If you find it there should
be a couple Coronas in the
glove box.
Also check out Cam Rhan the
beaches should be pretty there. Post a photo if you do get there.
Have a save trip.
If I find the Jeep I'm totally modding it into the world's biggest and most ineffective toaster. I'll send you before and after shots.
I'll drink the Corona, though, Linh tells me that all they drink there is Heineken.
In the morning I like my
toast with a little Napalm
jelly.
Check around, we might have
left some there. We had
to leave in a hurry.
Have fun and be safe! Catch you guys soon!
Chris & Jess
Eat the corn candy in China - it tastes just like corn on the cob....
-Andrew
Post a Comment