So I don't know why I have been reluctant to figure out how this thing works because it's so easy! Maybe now you all will hear from me relentlessly. But probably not.
While Aaron has done an excellent job of conveying the essence of our experiences, I felt the need to add a few things.
1. I am obsessed with the Washlet. I was so sad to leave it when we left Japan! Probably the hardest thing to leave behind. I hope it takes off in the US. I really want one!
2. While traveling anywhere can definitely be done alone, it's nice to have a partner. Aaron does an excellent job navigating. I do ok too, once I turn the map in the right direction, but I have been known to forget to check the scale, so things that seem near each other have occasionally turned out to be about a mile apart! While our fearless/witless president is sometimes called "The Decider," I have been dubbed (mostly by myself) "The Spotter." Aaron navigates us to where the map says we should be, and then we stand around trying to find the place, which inevitably is not where the map says it should be. My job is to spot said place, which is quite often in very odd and unexpected locations. Teamwork.
3. Chopsticks. I am not very good at using them. Apparently, Aaron and I have fallen on some bad luck (according to some Chinese eating etiquette website) because we have crossed our chopsticks on our bowl instead of putting them on the chopstick resting place. We hope to reverse the trend shortly.
4. Pidgeon. Not sure if I will eat that. I'll let you know.
5. It is definitely an advantage to live in NYC and ride the subway because it has made me feel like I can tackle any subway system in the world.
Can't think of anything else that I wanted to add for now. But I will be sure to let you know when things come to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow, what an amazing and amusing trip you've had thus far! Sorry I missed your going-away party (I was en route to Chicago for a long weekend). Keep up the blogging and hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Excellent photos btw.
the washlet website is hilarious
happy butts!!!
Oh my god, you're totally going to buy a washlet when you get home, aren't you. That's hilarious.
Nah, would love to but the Washlet is too expensive, around $800. Maybe if it drops in price to around $200.
I bet I could figure out a way to do all that stuff with a garden hose. I'll begin preliminary testing on your toilet when you get back. Super Happy Pressure-Washed Butts.
Kevin...have I told you how much you and your crazy inventions/art projects with random car parts rule? I can't wait for my butt to be super happy pressure-washed again!
"I can't wait for my butt to be super happy pressure-washed again!"
cant..............respond.......how to........function......must resist..........to easy.........help.......
@ken: Hah, you should've been there last time.
Post a Comment