I warned you earlier that I would turn this car around to Japan if you didn’t behave. At the time I was joking. However, in my recent searches through my computer, I found a photo series that I had meant to post earlier but forgot about. So despite your relatively good behavior, I’m going to fire up the Wayback Machine.
I believe I’ve spoken at length about the beverage selection in Japan. Back when alternative beverages were first introduced in the US, beginning with the establishment of the People’s Republic of Snapple, Japan underwent its own beverage revolution. It has since traveled a parallel path (though to an extreme extent), up to and including the recent proliferation of sport and energy drinks. I’m happy to say that this process has finally resulted in beverage perfection. Behold: Pocari Sweat.
Pocari Sweat does more than simply showcase the splendor of Japanese-English translation. It also replaces your ions. And, between friends now, we know that sometimes we all feel short by an ion or two. Not only is Pocari Sweat capable of performing the usual replenishing functions that you expect from your run-of-the-mill sports drink, it’s also capable of replenishing you when you’re at your most needy… say, exiting the bath. Sure, Gatorade can make you feel keen after you’ve run the half-marathon or bowled a few too many frames… but can it claim to give you back those ions that spiraled away with the bathwater?
After much joking around about the chemical constitution of Pocari Sweat (stock Claire response: “Ewwww!”), I decided it merited a taste test. So, with our final Japanese Yen at the airport, I purchased a small half-bottle of what I was sure would be the tonic both I and my reserve stock of ions so sorely needed.
Without further ado, see the results for yourself, before, during, and after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i gotta say frankie, you really don't seem all the much more ionized in the last picture...but maybe your tongue got bigger...
You really can't see the results of re-Ionization. But oh, do you ever feel them.
Post a Comment